Wednesday , 20 / July / 2022
If you’re in the market for a new home, you may have come across master planned communities. But what is a master planned community, and what can you expect if you live in one?
Master planned communities are large scale residential neighborhoods, built around the needs of its residents. Often in close proximity to major cities, these communities are cohesive and convenient: with a variety of amenities and housing options nearby.
In recent years, master planned communities have skyrocketed in popularity. With their thought-out design and emphasis on quality of life, many buyers are snapping up their dream homes in these self contained communities.
Read on to discover the key advantages of buying in a master planned community.
Advantages of Living in a Master Planned Community
Whether you’re buying your first home, looking to upsize or downsize, there are many benefits that come with a master planned community. Here are some of the main reasons behind their popularity.
Strong Sense of Community
Whether you’re taking a stroll down one of the lush walking trails, enjoying a coffee at the local cafe or chatting with your neighbors, there is a strong sense of community in these neighborhoods. As everything is designed to be accessible in arm’s reach, the community as a whole can feel more close knit.
A master planned community has a variety of communal spaces, which encourage social interaction as well. There’s always something going on: whether it’s a park get together or a local fundraiser.
Close Proximity to Amenities
It’s no secret: one of the best things about living in master planned communities is the convenience factor. When you have everything you need right at your fingertips, it makes life a whole lot easier. Whether you’re looking for a place to pick up some groceries or work out, you can be sure that you’ll find what you’re looking for in a master planned community.
Harmony, for example, is the best master planned community to showcase this convenient lifestyle. Located off the Bruce Highway, Harmony is an hour’s drive from Brisbane and has many essentials and recreational amenities close by. This includes:
- Local towns such as Mooloolaba, Maroochydore, Sippy Downs, Buderim and Caloundra.
- Shopping at Kawana Shoppingworld and a smorgasbord of cafes and fine dining.
- Two future schools a short walk away, and further childcare, schools and tertiary education options within driving distance.
- A range of golf courses in the area, as well as the Glass House Mountains—perfect for picnicking, bushwalking and family fun.
As an investment, property or land in a masterplanned community can have its benefits. It can also, however, be just as much of an asset if you choose to live in the home. There are many government incentives for owner-occupiers looking to purchase in a masterplanned community, including stamp duty exemptions and certain grants. You could qualify for the first home buyer’s grant, which can represent significant savings as you purchase your new land or home.*
Harmony: A Connected Master Planned Community
For several decades, master planned communities have existed. So how do you find the right property for you and more importantly, the right community? As a starting point, consider the amenities you’d like to be close to. Next, pay a visit to display villages in the area that you’re looking to purchase property.
Harmony is an established master planned community located in Palmview—in the heart of the Sunshine Coast. With its large display village, you can create your dream home: with options to suit all budgets, needs and design tastes.
* This article should not be considered professional financial advice. AVID is not a financial adviser. This article contains general information only and is not intended as legal, financial or investment advice and should not be construed or relied on as such. Before making any commitment of a legal or financial nature you should seek advice from a qualified and registered legal practitioner or financial or investment adviser. No material contained within this website should be construed or relied upon as providing recommendations in relation to any legal or financial product. Although every effort has been made to verify the accuracy of the information contained in this website, AVID, its officers, employees and agents disclaim all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded), for any error, inaccuracy in, or omission from the information contained on this website or any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information. You should seek out independent, professional advice on your personal circumstances, particular investment objectives and financial situation before making any financial decisions.